PGU are a new series of compact and light silence or supersilenced generators designed to fit shelter/container based applications. The system modularity allows integration into complex systems, transportation carts or statical uses.The PGU is entirely manufactured in light alloy and is composed of the following parts:
- Engine group (Diesel engine, liquid cooling system, fed by turbocompressor)
- Alternator group. PGU 85 features: 1 three-phase 50Hz alternator, 1 three-phase 400 Hz alternator
- Battery group
- Fuel supply system (tank capacity up to 250 l)
- Local Control Command Board (LCCB) inclusive of the power supply board
- Remote Control Command Board (RCCB)
The PGU series, can be supplied in different configurations, in accordance with the customer’s needs, thanks to a vast range of accessories to optimize the compliance with the requirement.
PGU 85 is the first generator originating the PGU series, featuring a double frequence (50 and 400 Hz) supply system, manufactured for the use in radar systems. Main features:
- Dimensions (mm) 2380 x 960 x 1250 (h)
- Weight (kg) MTT ≤ 1.800 (3.730 lb)
- Compliance with military regulations MIL-F-14072C; MIL-STD-810D; MIL-DTL-3432H; MIL-STD-1472D
- Range ≥ 13 hours
- Double frequency power supply 50 Hz ≥ 55 kVA 400 Hz ≥ 30 kVA.